Thursday, January 14, 2021

Putting Together My Feature Spread

 

  I decided to use the picture I had edited in one of my earlier posts because I felt like it was perfect in the sense that her smile seemed genuine, unlike some of the other pictures, and her head was tilted in a nice way and her hair was perfectly placed (in some of the other pictures there are rebellious hair strands.) Overall it was a nice picture with a soft, girly touch to it. I knew I wanted the picture to be by itself on one page like I had previously seen in magazines such as Nylon but I also wanted to place a quote of hers in a big font, also by itself. Since I obviously couldn't do that I put the picture and the quote on the same page. This is where I really wanted to show off the bold color scheme that I desperately desired, so I started formatting the background of the picture/quote page.



I used white to format the background. Once I added the picture and formatted the quote everything was looking perfect to me. The quote says "Fight like a girl" which I thought fit perfectly for the magazine.

     Afterward, I started to write up my article. As I got deeper into the article, I began to run out of space to write and when I stepped back and looked at it, it just looked like a big blob of text that I'm should no one would be a thrill to read. For that reason, I split the text up into 2 columns, it fit more text and didn't look as bulky.
 Overall, I am pretty happy with my feature spread, I honestly didn't believe that it would come out as nice as it did but it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transcript For CCR Question 4

  CCR Q4 To start off I had used programs such as Canva and Facetune which was really instrumental for my magazine. I had taken the photos f...