Tuesday, January 12, 2021

How Women are Viewed in the Media

 


Women, especially women of color, play roles that are hypersexualized and submissive. Many times they are shown as terrorists, unintelligent, or "the help". It wasn't until Gravity in 2013 that little girls could see a female astronaut on screen. Black women did not get their own magazine till the creation of Essence in the 70s. Media has a much bigger impact on society than we think. Acknowledging the history of media and its exclusion of women representation, I plan to make my magazine diverse and equal. I will cater my content and images to many demographics and include many perspectives on it.  


https://politicalyouthnetwork.org/womens-rights-why-are-womens-rights-important/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Transcript For CCR Question 4

  CCR Q4 To start off I had used programs such as Canva and Facetune which was really instrumental for my magazine. I had taken the photos f...