Saturday, November 28, 2020

Mood Board

https://highmoon-studio.com/

    Putting together my mood board for my magazine really helped me realized what kinds of colors, fonts, textures, and photos I want for my actual magazine. It also helped direct my idea from a vague concept to a more specific one.


     As I was looking through the different magazines, I realized that I did not want a brighter color scheme. Instead, I wanted a darker cover and when you open my magazine it is the opposite. I want my magazine cover to reflect the seriousness of my magazine, But when you turn the page the theme would shift into equality and optimism.  At first, I had issues picking out the colors. I had purple and pink in mind, but finally, I went with red, black and white, because it just fit my magazine so well. The red adds some variety to the color scheme and attracts readers.
   I had trouble deciding if I wanted a Sans Serif font or a Serif font. Honestly, I am still a little indecisive in this aspect. As for texture and pictures, I wanted to go with industrial and bold pictures for my mood board.  
     I knew the models in my mood board had to be very serious to match my theme. The picture to the left of the mood board I think is perfect for my magazine; it’s just what I wanted. In my opinion, it was the best picture on my mood board; I wish it had been bigger so I could have put it in the center.  She looks content and empowered, which will be a sub-theme of my magazine.
    Overall, this mood board really helped me orientate myself towards a specific color scheme and theme for my future magazine, and I’m glad I have this mood board to look at when I’m feeling lost in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transcript For CCR Question 4

  CCR Q4 To start off I had used programs such as Canva and Facetune which was really instrumental for my magazine. I had taken the photos f...