Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Research on Magazines Blog #1


Blog Post #4
Today we conducted the first round of research for our magazines. We went over the history of magazines and different examples of magazines that are well known and have been around since the '80-'90s. We learned about the shortage of people reading magazines nowadays due to technology and social media becoming more used. Also learned about how magazines became cheaper to produce. 

Looking at all these different styles, genres, and concepts of the magazines, it assured me of what I am passionate about, what I find exciting, and what I want my magazine to look like. 

My initial idea was to do a pet magazine, but I felt it was unoriginal as my other classmates might be doing that. So I looked into women empowerment magazines, and I enjoyed the topics and covers that were published. The Siren Magazine from The University of Oregon was the most aspiring as it illustrated such strong and expressive women. I have some ideas about how I would like to create my magazine. I want it to look clean and polished, with the cover being a strong and powerful woman on the front of it.


  • https://prezi.com/6qqx_jzki8uw/the-history-of-magazines/
    heartmanblog.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Transcript For CCR Question 4

  CCR Q4 To start off I had used programs such as Canva and Facetune which was really instrumental for my magazine. I had taken the photos f...